Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What is death to you?


In your mind what is death? Is it a door leading to the heaven or hell? Is it a pathway leading to your next reincarnated state? Is it the end or your eternal existence? or does it have another meaning to you?
In many ways the way we define death and view it personally very much impacts the way which we care for those who are close to, that have died.
In my experience in the funeral business I've seen many different way in which one can care for their dead. Some families I've met merely cremate their family members, never have services and put the ashes in a closet never to be seen again or, where further down the road the urn and ashes could possibly to be sold at a yard sale if the family's not careful. Other family members ask that the body be embalmed, placed in a very expensive casket, that there be a viewing for 3 days and then a giant funeral ceremony takes place to celebrate the life of their loved ones before they are placed in an airtight crypt in a mausoleum.
In the posts that follow I will share some of my experiences in funeral service, some random facts about funeral business, some interesting facts about me, some of my favorite merchandise and various other tidbits from the mind of Marvin Z Mortician.

No comments:

Post a Comment